Sunday 7 May 2023

Getting into a tizzy (London)

After having edited a series of eight stories for self-publication, I’ve now been encouraged by the author Furio and his brother Valerio to do the same for my blogs, so I’ve gone for my collection of animal [real] stories as it’s easier than choosing which blogs to publish and how to categorise them.


Valerio is an old friend whom I’ve known since 1978 and has been a great support and help, especially on the technology side since I’m such a tech dinosaur.


Somehow, I managed to muddle through: downloaded the Kindle Create (KC) app (but only after a few attempts); put my stories on KC, editing them there, then saving them into a KC version, and sending the zip version to Valerio.  All of this guided patiently by Valerio throughout the painful process of hit and miss.


Now Valerio wants to aim for Apple Books, and has asked me to put the KC version into Dropbox.  For some reason, I can’t find it after saving it while in KC.  Valerio’s attempts at helpful questions (“Where did you save it to?” / “How did you do it the last time?”) and guidance (“Try looking in …”) have got nowhere: “Don’t know”, “Not there”.


I’d upped the level of difficulty for my student in Wednesday's Mandarin lesson, and she was flapping like a rabbit rushing around looking for a bolthole. That's me now with this KC / Dropbox business…


(London, 2023)

No comments:

Post a Comment