Tuesday 1 October 2024

Christmas cards (London)

  

I was known among one of the circles of my student-friends for sending interesting Christmas cards rather than the standard robin / holly ones.  As far as possible, of course, as it's not easy to find the right ones for the right people.


A perfect match was one I sent my then-boyfriend Swiss Michael.


He is 6'1" (or 6'2").  Whenever he came to London, he'd bang his head against the lintel of the bathroom, so that by the end of his visit (usually a weekend only), he'd leave London with quite a few (small) cuts on his front bare pate.


I then chanced upon a Xmas card that had this picture:


* Tunnel leading under a bridge

* Sign on the side of the bridge over the tunnel says "Beware, low bridge"

* At this end of the tunnel, a pair of antlers lying on the ground


Michael absolutely loved that card.  So apt.


(London, 1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment