Tuesday 31 January 2023

Coincidence? (London/Singapore)

When my mother first broke her hip, sitting down too heavily on the sofa (probably misjudging the distance), I couldn’t go over immediately to visit her because I then had a bad fall myself, breaking two fingers.  By the time my fingers had healed sufficiently, she was heading for the end, so my brother-in-law (who’d been handling her affairs) said to get over there as soon as possible.  In the meantime, they’d asked the doctor to give her an injection to keep her going until all the three children abroad could get home in time.

I emailed my brother-in-law with details of my progress every step of the way, so that he could tell my mother and give her something to look forward to.  (I’m the youngest and her pet.)


Going out to buy my air ticket today.

Bought ticket now.

Flight is leaving London on xx day at yy time, arriving Singapore aa day and bb time.


My flight out took off at 9am London time.  Singapore time = London +8 hours in winter, therefore 5pm SG time.  That was the time my mother died.


I don’t think it was a coincidence.  I believe she’d been hanging on, waiting until I was definitely on the plane.


(London / Singapore, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment