Sunday 16 October 2022

Victim of my own success (London)

The dementia lady I’ve been massaging (left leg which had no strength, and sciatic point) now lifts her feet when she walks instead of dragging them along.  She even recognises people at the Chinese community centre, it seems, as she smiles at some of them. 

Unfortunately, she’s now regained enough brain activity and awareness for her to feel jealous of me, as I’ve been massaging her carer husband (neck for his Bell’s Palsy and bad shoulder from holding her up when they walk).  She growls and snarls at me, especially when I’m massaging him.  

On Monday, I was at the table in front of hers in the karaoke corner, minding my own business.  She got up and pulled my hair, growling at me, murder in her eyes.  

It’s good that she seems to be more aware now than her previous zombie state, but I’m getting worried about my already diminishing amount of hair...!

(London, 2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment